Building on undeveloped land

In principle, authorisation is required to buy undeveloped land in residential, industrial or commercial zones. There are times when no such authorisation is needed (main residence, secondary residence, permanent business establishment). That said, certain rules apply, such as work must begin within approximately one year.

Information for foreigners on buying property in Switzerland is available at the Federal Office of Justice.